2. Which world famous song has an opening verse; where someone on a hot day, under palm trees, is dreaming while the sun is shining, where grass is green and orange and palm trees sway?
3. What were The Three Wise Men (sometimes referred as the The Three Kings) also called?
4. Which member of the royal family is reputed to have introduced the traditional Christmas Tree, as a custom, to the United Kingdom?
5. According to an article printed in The Daily Mail some years ago, the real Saint Nicholas, also known as Father Christmas and Santa Claus, was of what nationality?
6. Which gospel refers to the first Christmas story?
7. Has The Queen's first Christmas message ever been submitted to You Tube? Yes? Or No?
8. Which film star of westerns, had a huge hit with the song RUDOLPH THE RED NOSE REINDEER?
9. For a short while, in addtion to any other panto they may have featured, BBC Television broadcast an annual pantomime featuring many of its stars during Christmas evening. What was the collective title for the programmes?
10. The answer to the above question was eventually replaced by another programme. What was it?
11. Sheb Woolly was an actor who had appeared in many supporting roles, including THE LONE RANGER. But what novelty rock 'n' roll song did he compose and record; and had huge success with?
12. What have Chief Thundercloud, Jay Silverheels and Johnny Depp in common?
13. As a result of mice eating some material in an organ, which Christmas carol was composed specially using notes that could still be played?
14. Who starred in a 1983 version of Charles Dickens' CHRISTMAS CAROL?
1 = They are all based on Shakespearian plays.
2 = WHITE CHRISTMAS.
3 = Magi.
4 = Prince Albert. Queen Victoria's husband.
5 = Turkish.
6 = The Gospel According To Saint Luke.
7 = Yes.
8 = Gene Autry.
9 = PANTOMANIA.
10 = CHRISTMAS NIGHT WITH THE STARS.
11 = THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATER.
12 = They have all portrayed The Lone Ranger's faithful companion and blood brother; Tonto.
13 = SILENT NIGHT.
14 = Mickey Mouse. (MICKEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL.)
A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PEACEFUL NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.
First posted: December 2012.